WHO CAN BECOME A HPI MEMBER ?
There two categories of membersip
* Full membership ( Anggota Biasa) is open nationwide to any individual licensed tourist guides from Indonesia citizen whose members are registered as official tourist guides by the appropriate authority in each provinces of Indonesia Republics.
* Honorary Membership ( Anggota Kehormatan) is open to individual who has great concern towards tourist guide professionalism of HPI and authorized by Board of members of the associations accordingly.
This is distinct from a Tour Manager defined by CEN as follows;
Tour Manager / Tour Director or Escort:
Person who manages an itinerary on behalf of the tour operator ensuring the program is carried out as described in the tour operator’s literature and sold to the travelers / consumers and who gives local practical information. Tour Managers may or may not be tourist guides as well. They are not trained or licensed to work in specific areas unless they have the proper requirements or legal rights, depending on the region.
WHY JOIN HPI ?
Membership of the Himpunan Pramuwisata Indonesia is a long-term investment. HPI’s mission is to further and promote the profession of the Tourist Guide in Indonesia. HPI’s membership programme has numerous benefits such as providing information resources, contact and training opportunities and access to the National, International network of tourist guides. Members are entitled to participate in all HPI activities and to benefit from the facilities of association.
- National Conventions or Musyawarah Nasional
- Right to vote at national convention in decision making ( association members only);
- special convention package price for members only;
- Lectures and workshop papers;
- Exchange of experiences;
- contact with tourism industry nationwide;
- marketing and promotion of members association national and international to industry;
- National Lobbying;
- Database on tourist guiding nationwide;
- Training courses for tourist guides and tourist guide trainers;
- Co-ordination of National Tourist Guide Day March 27;
- Publications, HPI Website, Networking, National Guidelines, Newsletter with HPI activities, membership support;
- Discussion and forum for tourist guides and industry partners to discuss on line;
- information on new trends in tourism, training, legal issues;
- opportunity for DPD, DPC of HPI to bid and host for the National workshop or Convention ( Munas / Rakernas) ;
- Discount with a variety of industry partners including car rental and hotels nationwide ( for tourist guide only)
- And much more—-